1.4.13

3 Vintage Gowns

This months theme is VINTAGE - thanks to Miss Kitty of Sophisticate Noir I had a great reason to dig through my closet and feature some of my favorite vintage dresses!

I had some luck some years ago at a local thrift shop - someone my size loved full length gowns!
I'd guess these three dresses are from the 1960's - maybe the 50's.


The gown I'm wearing is fully beaded - a bit heavy!


This gown begs to be worn with a tiara! Who am I to deny it?


And now for my best accessory -



6 comments:

Leah B. said...

heehee, your best accessory got his Astaire on a little bit in that last pose. I'd really like to see a pic of the dress on the right as well! And you were absolutely right about the tiara.

linnea-maria said...

That dress you are wearing is amazing! Dresses were in a much better quality and I think the fabrics were more interesting then.

Insomniac's Attic said...

What beautiful gowns and the tiara is perfect with your hair colour!! Love the black gown with the burgundy sash A LOT! :D

Industrial Ken looks like he was a bit more into the photoshoot today? ;o)

Hey, I just noticed your door wreath - which is also awesome!

Hexotica said...

You are looking fabulous!! I love your new hair color and fringe! And the dresses are beautiful; the one you are wearing really suits you.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks so cute with the tiara and the gown is fabulous!
-RubyAli

GothBarbie said...

Thank you friends! Isn't it great when Industrial Ken is in the mood to strike a pose!?
I'm loving my new hair - though this teal seems to fade much more quickly than the purple I had in before - lots of upkeep!