18.2.12

jacket or mini jacket?

So I really wanted to wear this dress, that is cut for warm weather, but made of velvet lending itself to cold weather. Anyway I had trouble choosing a jacket to wear with it.

First I tried this mini jacket, but it kind of clashed with the leggings.
 So what the heck am I going to wear with this dress?
 Then I found this blazer in the back of my closet, and procedded to sew up a rip that had been preventing me from wearing it for quite some time.


I actually ended up wearing an entirely different layer - a sweater, but I didn't get a chance to take photos of it - sorry!

5 comments:

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

Love the first pic. With your hair, it's very Marilyn. :)

Traicetrak said...

That's a beautiful dress! I have the same problem with a velvet, smocked, baby doll, strapless tunic. Ugh! I keep trying to layer it with different things, but no luck so far. Not so sure I have the figure for the baby doll silhouette anymore, anyway, but I keep trying! Maybe I'll stumble upon something. That's usually how it happens.

Yay for sewing up a rip and regaining a jacket! I have several items needing small alterations or ironing right now, also. It's so fun adding them back into your wardrobe. =)

Hexotica said...

Cute dress. It kind of reminds me of an old-school Hollywood gown worn with rhinestones.
Pretty jacket too!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

I absolutely love both of the jackets, but the dress is so gorgeous I hate to see anything covering it. :) Then again, it IS still February, and I wouldn't let that dress sit in the closet unloved until summer, either. ;-D

RubyAlison said...

That jacket works perfectly! And the dress by itself is fantastic too. And the necklace too!!