17.8.11

What should I write?

I was wondering if my blog would be more fun for you (my younger sister and whoever the other 5 people are who come here : ) if I added some more text with the photos.

I could breakdown where I bought the items (most of the time) and estimate prices I paid (always a sale or a coupon!).

I'm not really a creative writer (see my sad title posts for evidence of this) so I don't know that I could entertain with editorial.

Most of the blogs I love and read daily are all about the outfits and the looks - but I do enjoy "getting to know" my favorite bloggers through their posts and I REALLY enjoy reading what Hexotica, FashionetteTraveler, Sophistiquenoir and Cheapandchicinchicago  have to say about clothes, fashion and life in general...

So, do I have more to offer on this blog than just outfit photos? hmmmmm....I'm open to suggestions!

ALSO I'm trying to get my ADORABLE GLAMOROUS GOTH friend Bre to send me HER outfit photos to add to this blog! Cross your fingers that she feels like sharing - she has LOTS OF STYLE!

7 comments:

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

For me, the photos are usually the best part but I love reading bits about the life of the wearer. It gives the blog a human touch. Knowing what kinds of things the person does in a certain outfit give an interesting perspective on how fashion fits into the lifestyles of alt people, and can just be entertaining in general. :) I enjoy getting a feel for what the person is like, and seeing how personality and style affect each other.

Knowing where the pieces come from is nice: although most of us are not likely to go right out and buy the exact item someone just blogged about, knowing what stores to go to to create a general "look" can be helpful to people who are still kinda finding themselves. Prices could be especially helpful if you are good at finding deals, as a lot of people seem to think that you have to have loads of money to be a well-dressed Goth!

All that being said, not all blogs have to be the same. Of course you can just stick with the photos if that's what you like to do! I certainly enjoy them, and so do 59 other people (so far). :-D

GothBarbie said...

VictorianKitty - Thank you so much for your feedback! I Love your blog and really respect your opinion!

Piper Alexander said...

Awww, thanks for the blog love! I'd like to echo what VictorianKitty said. I like pics and typically shy away from lengthy posts (what can I say, I get bored easily), but I do appreciate a little writing here and there, especially w/some humor thrown in. It makes it a bit more personal. However, some days nothing comes to mind, so I just skip the writing. Do what you like though, I'll still follow you. ;)

RubyAlison said...

I agree with the other comments in that I would enjoy a little personal note here or there with the pictures - even simple things like what song you are into that day or whatever. It's nice to get touches of personality with the pictures. But either way, I very much enjoy your pictures and love your style so I'm sticking around.

GothBarbie said...

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the feedback and the lovely compliments! The best thing about blogging is making these virtual friendships!

chandlerguera said...

You and your man make a lovely couple! Keep posting interesting pictures about your life and things/people you encounter.

Topaz said...

Go SIS go!!! I like photos! and words! BUT mostly i like your blog already! So keep on keeping on :O)